Frequently Asked Question
Hybrid Backup Sync provides you with a variety of useful backup options. You can back up important files from an external drive to your NAS to prevent data loss.1.Log on to QTS.
2. Connect an external drive to the NAS.
The External Device screen appears.3. Select Use this drive for backup.
If the dialog box does not appear, go to Hybrid Backup Sync > External Backup > External Drive and then click Create a Job.
The Create a Job wizard appears.
4. Click Next.
5. Specify the external drive, select From external storage to local disk, and then click Next.
6. Specify the source and destination folders, click Add, and then click Next.
Tip: You can add multiple pairs of source and destination folders.
7. Select the replication schedule and then click Next.a. Real-time
Note: All the extra files in the target folder are removed in real-time synchronization jobs, as the
target folder mirrors the source folder.
8. Optional: Choose to configure backup policies and filters and whether to automatically eject the external drive after the backup job is complete.
9. Specify a name for the backup job and then click Next.
10. Confirm the job settings and then click Next.
11. Click Finish.
The backup job is created. Hybrid Backup Sync copies the selected files from the external drive to the specified NAS folders.