Frequently Asked Question
Network: Set up OpenVPN on Mac
Last Updated 3 years ago
To set up OpenVPN connections on Mac OS X, follow the steps below:
- Export configuration file from the OpenVPN tab on VPN Server. Unzip the exported file, which contains ca.crt, openvpn.ovpn, and README.txt.
- To download and install Tunnelblick, an OpenVPN client for Mac, visit here.
- After the installation is complete, launch it as an administrator.
- Click I have configuration files
- Open the configuration files that you have downloaded and double click on xxxx.ovpn file.
- Now you will see the Tunnelblick icon. Click the icon and choose VPN Details.
- Select the VPN Connection and click on Setting. Choose Make Configuration Private.
- Choose Edit OpenVPN Configuration File.
- Replace YOUR_SERVER_IP with the public IP address of your Hostname.
- Click the Tunnelblick icon and choose Connect openvpn.
- Key in the Username & Password for NAS. Then Click OK.