Frequently Asked Question
Network: Set up OpenVPN on Windows
Last Updated 3 years ago
To set up OpenVPN connections on Windows, follow the steps below:
- Download configuration file (openvpn.ovpn) from the OpenVPN tab on QVPN Service.
- Download and install OpenVPN from https://openvpn.net/community-downloads/
The default folder for the installation is C:\Program Files\OpenVPN
- Open “openvpn.ovpn” and replace “OPENVPN_SERVER_IP” with your myqnapcloud.com address.
- Place “openvpn.ovpn” in the folder C:\Program Files\OpenVPN\config
- Use an administrator's account to launch OpenVPN and activate the connection