Frequently Asked Question
Application: How to submit Support Request to Synology?
Last Updated 2 years ago
Need help? Save time by starting your support request right at Support Center in DSM. Synology Support Center is a one-on-one, fast-response support channel that is staffed with experienced and technical support engineers. With Support Center, you can file a support ticket to get help with your Synology NAS, or allow Synology support engineers to run diagnosis on your Synology NAS from a Synology office. The service helps customers of all sizes and technical abilities to successfully utilize the features provided by Synology NAS.
Contact SupportSynology Support Center is the knowledgeable resource that will support your Synology NAS issues for the length of the product warranty. We are here to help ensure and maintain optimal performance of your Synology NAS. To use this service and file a support ticket, go to Support Center > Contact Support.
Read before starting a new support ticket:
- To save your time, we advise you search the Knowledge Base before starting a new support ticket as your question has likely already been asked and we have created an article for it.
- You can use either your Synology Account or preferred email address to start a new support ticket from DSM.
- Every required field must be filled in on the new support ticket.
- To avoid misunderstandings, please submit the support ticket in English or Chinese.
Tips for starting a new support ticket:
- Describe the issue you are reporting and include any steps you have taken to troubleshoot on your own. Include details that will help Synology technical support engineers understand the issue. If it is possible, provide numbered steps including screenshots to reproduce the situation.
- Our support system will remove attachments larger than 20 MB.
What to expect after a support ticket is sent:
- A Synology technical support engineer will contact you shortly after the support ticket is sent.
- If you have not heard from us, it is very important that you make sure that these emails are not blocked by security software on your computer or in your network.
- Every support ticket has a unique ID and this ID is contained in the email subject of emails sent in response to the support ticket.
- Our technical support engineers may ask you to enable remote access on your Synology NAS in order to run further diagnosis from a Synology Office. Please refer to Support Services for detailed instructions.
Support ServicesSupport Services include both remote access and log generation tools, allowing our technical support engineers to quickly view, diagnose, and resolve technical issues on your Synology NAS from a Synology office. To do this, go to Support Center > Support Services.
To enable remote access:Enable remote access on your Synology NAS only when you are being asked by Synology technical support engineers.
- Tick the Enable remote access checkbox, and then click Apply for the changes to take effect.
- Provide Synology technical support engineers with your admin password and the support identification key via email.
- Remote access will be automatically disabled after 14 days. It should not be manually disabled by then unless a Synology technical support engineer asks you to do so.
- Please remove any contents from your Synology NAS that you consider to be private.
- Although Synology cannot guarantee that the provision of remote access will resolve your issue, Synology will make reasonable efforts to perform support services in a professional manner.
To generate logs:Generate and provide logs only to Synology technical support engineers.
- Click Generate logs then wait for a few minutes before the download is complete.
- Provide Synology technical support engineers with the logs via email.
Things you should know about our Support Services
- We respect your Synology NAS as if it were our own.
- Your Synology NAS will only be used for system diagnosis purposes. Synology will not access or disclose any other personal information on your Synology NAS.