Frequently Asked Question
Application: How to install and use the Google Chrome App for Note Station?
Last Updated 6 years ago
OverviewThe Google Chrome App for Note Station works like a desktop-version of Note Station. It allows immediate access to Note Station without loggin in to DSM and offers a near-identical interface. What's more, this Chrome App allows offline management during network failures. After the network connection is recovered, all the changes will be automatically synced back to your Synology NAS, to keep the data up-to-date.
This article will guide you through installing this Chrome App for Note Station, creating its shortcuts, and launching it on your local computer.
1. Before you startBefore you use the Chrome App for Note Station, make sure you have completed the following tasks:
- Installed and set up Note Station on your Synology NAS
- Installed the Google Chrome web browser on your local computer (available here) and launched it
2. Install the Google Chrome App for Note Station
- After you have launched the Chrome browser, click here for download.
- Click ADD TO CHROME > Add app. This Chrome App will be installed on the Chrome browser.
- After the installation check completes, click LAUNCH APP to start this application.
3. Create a desktop/taskbar/menu shortcutCreating shortcuts for this Chrome App makes it within easy reach on your local computer.
- Go to the Chrome browser and click the tri-bar icon on the top-right corner.
- Go to More tools > Extensions, and click Details below the application.
- Click Create shortcuts and select where to show the shortcuts to allow convenient, instant launch. For example, you can pin a shortcut to the taskbar.
4. Manage Note Station from your local computerThis Chrome App works like a desktop version of Note Station, providing a nearly-identical management interface and offline management capabilities during network failures.
- Log in to the Chrome App with your DSM credentials, and it will start syncing with Note Station.
- After the sync is complete, you can access all your data right from this application.
- You can manage your notes and to-do tasks on the local Chrome browser even when the connection is down. As soon as the connection is restored, the changes will be automatically synced back to Note Station.