Frequently Asked Question
Application: How to create and manage your to-do list with Note Station?
Last Updated 7 years ago
OverviewNote Station comes with powerful to-do features to help you stay in control of project details. By keeping all your to-do tasks in Note Station, you can browse and organize the task status and items in one place. You can also achieve better time management by prioritizing tasks with various highlighting features from reminder time to emergency level.
This article will guide you through the process of creating and managing to-do tasks in Note Station.
1. Before you startBefore you create and manage to-do tasks in Note Station, make sure you have completed the following tasks:
- Set up your Synology NAS
- Installed the latest version of DiskStation Manager (DSM) on your Synology NAS
- Installed and set up the latest version of Note Station
2. Create and organize your to-do tasksCentralizing all your to-do tasks in Note Station helps you check these tasks within easy reach. Below you will learn how to create a to-do task in Note Station.
- Open Note Station and go to To-do List on the left panel. To create a new task, click the desired category (e.g. Next 7 days) and enter the task description and due time.
- Click + to add this task to the to-do list.
- To specify more task information (e.g. highlight, emergency level, and subtasks), click the "More" icon to continue.
- Click Finish to save the additional settings. Indicators for such settings will appear below the task as reminder.
- When a task is completed, click the preceding checkbox to mark it with a check.
3. Sort your to-do tasksNote Station allows you to filter and find wanted to-do tasks by due time, emergency level, completion status, or reminder time.
- Open Note Station and navigate to the tasks.
- Select the filters on the top-right corner to filter tasks on the main screen.
4. Add to-do tasks to your notes for project managementWhen a project involves multiple project stages or parts, you can add to-do tasks in the notes to help you manage and keep track of the details and stage outcomes.
- Open an existing note and click To-do List on the top-right corner.
- In the pop-up window, enter the task description and specify its due time.
- Click + to add the task to your note and automatically to your to-do list.
- To view the added tasks in your note, click To-do List on the top-right corner.
5. Output to-do tasks for quick referenceWhen multiple to-do tasks are involved in your project, you can output these tasks by copying them into a notebook as an independent note. With the note, the tasks are centralized and can be tracked in just one place.
- Open Note Station and go to Settings > To-do List > Output Tasks as a Note.
- Select the types of task information for output, and click OK.
- Find and right-click the tasks for output.
- Select Output tasks to and the output destination.
- In the destination notebook, you can find the note containing the output tasks along with required information. Changes made on the output note will not be synced back to To-do List.
6. Manage to-do tasks via DS noteDS note is Synology's mobile application to help you manage Note Station right from your mobile device. With DS note, you can manage and track your to-do tasks on the go.
- Open and log in to DS note with your user credentials.
- Tap To-do List on the menu panel to display all to-do tasks.
- You can create a new task or select existing ones for management. The changes will be automatically synced back to Note Station.