Frequently Asked Question
- You need guidance on how to utilize the ESET Log Collector tool.
- You want to know more about the ESET Log Collector.
For users with different operating systems like macOS or Linux, separate support cases will be needed.
Pre-Technical Support Case
For accurate and relevant log collection, it's advised to open a support case with ESET Technical Support before running the tool.
ESET PROTECT Users
If you're using ESET PROTECT, the Log Collector can be executed on remote client computers via the ESET PROTECT Diagnostics Client Task.
Steps to Collect Logs
- Download the Tool: Obtain the ESET Log Collector software.
- Run the Tool: After it's downloaded, double-click the downloaded file to run the application.
- Agree to EULA: Click 'I Accept' to agree to the End User License Agreement.
- Select Collection Profile: The default profile is 'Default', but you can change it if advised by Technical Support. More information on collection profiles is available in the Online Help section.
- Choose Log Type: Select 'Original binary from disk' from the ESET logs collection drop-down menu.
- Save Archive Location: Click 'Browse' next to 'Save archive as', select the location to save the archive files, and then click 'Save'. The archive filename is already pre-defined.
- Initiate Collection: Click 'Collect'. The process might take some time. You can track progress in the Operation Log window.
- Collection Complete: When finished, a message stating "All files have been collected and archived" will appear. Your archive file, for example,
emsx_logs.zip, will be saved in the location specified in step 6.
- Contact Technical Support: If you already have a case open, attach the log files to your email response. If you don't have a case, contact ESET Technical Support.